Adoption fees include sterilisation, the first vaccination, de-worming and a microchip.
PLEASE NOTE: When applying to adopt a pet, a non-refundable deposit of R100 is required, which is included in the total adoption fee. Please e-mail proof of deposit – using ‘Adoptions’ followed by your initial and surname as the beneficiary reference – to firstname.lastname@example.org (George) and email@example.com (Mossel Bay)
Once you’ve decided which dog you’d like to adopt, one of our pre-placement officers will visit your home. This ensures that your property is suitable for the animal concerned. The pre-placement officer will also take note of the following:
• Condition of other pets
• Whether adequate shelter is provided
• Where the dog will sleep at night
• Size of property/height of wall
• Ensure that the property is fully enclosed
• You must be over 18 to adopt.
• Your property must be fully enclosed.
• You must be able to afford the services of a private vet and have your own transport to take your pet to the vet.
• For an easier transition, we highly recommend adopting a male dog if you already have a resident female dog.
• If you have other pets (especially dogs), we request that you first bring them to the GR SPCA for a “meet & greet” with your new adopted pet.
• Often we have no history on a dog, therefore if you have young children bring them to meet the animal.